Thursday, April 22, 2010

grippin the floor with my toes

i've been in the mood to drink coffee at home this past couple of days. i would say its merely to allow me a greater amount of time to sit around in my nighttime wardrobe, but i actually don't enjoy the moonbeam attire enough. instead its more for the pleasure of simplicity in my environment and process of obtaining a hot cup of brew. no trekking down the road and dealing with computer tapping patrons and a potentially bad music selected by the scheduled barista. instead i have control of all things dark and potent.

potent is exactly what my french pressed coffee was this morning. currently i'm bouncing around my head and house trying to relocate the purpose of my day, which i have a hard time finding even without being overly stimulated. so i'll try and focus on something i've been meaning to post for a week or two now, photos of my wedding cake.

don't freak out people. there was no trip to vegas or shotgun pulled on this boy, i was required to decorate a three tiered styrofoam dummy cake for check off as part of my school curriculum. this exercise gave us students the opportunity to try our hands at dressing the cake in modeling paste, drop lacing, flower modeling, and a few other things.

my cake, as you'll see below, acquired an art deco theme. i like art deco and art nouveau for that matter, but have no clue what drew me to style the cake in such a way. for whatever reason this is what it became and i'm happy with it, so thats that. enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. oh sh!t, this cake looks INCREDIBLE. If you ever need a taste tester or someone to share in the joy of your creations, CALL ME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete